Friday, April 3, 2009

When we are comforted by God, then we are equipped to comfort those around us.

Hello Everybody!

I hope you are well today. I have friends in different parts of the country and many of you are experiencing anything from snow, thunderstorms with hail/heavy rain/tornadoes, perfect warm/spring weather to extreme drought. Our prayers are with you.  

I had a wonderful time in the great Northwest!!! Folks up there are extremely warm and hospitable: I was able to sing in these Oregon towns….Prineville, Newport, Lafayette, Unionvale, and Carlton – thank you for having me come to sing and Thank You for coming to hear me. 

My mama is recovering nicely after back surgery. It’s gonna be a long 4 weeks til she can get out and around and that’s tough on her because it’s spring and she gets fishing fever about this time of year! I thank God for a great surgeon who was able to fix what had been undone for many years and causing lots of pain.  

Sunday morning, I will be with the Cowboy Church film crew and Russ Weaver at Shepherd’s Valley Cowboy Church, Egan, Texas for both services beginning at 8:30 am. 

Meanwhile, I am SO looking forward to Lucchese coming home for a visit! E.P. is busy clearing land, feeding cattle, and selling some rock; Samuel is on the rodeo trail.  

This Saturday night I will be in my hometown of Atoka, OK participating in a benefit concert for Sherry Havener at the Community Center at 6 pm. If you are in the area, I would strongly encourage you to attend and support this family. Sherry’s husband Steve is pastor of Southside Baptist Church here in Atoka.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ’s sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort, too. 2Corinthians 2-5

When we are comforted by God, then we are equipped to comfort those around us. 

May God continue to equip you in every way,

Susie McEntire Luchsinger