Thursday, April 23, 2009

Spring has definitely sprung into summer here!

Hi Everyone!!

Spring has definitely sprung into summer here! It was HOT yesterday….but boy, did I enjoy it!

I don't usually have the time to attend other concerts, but was so excited about listening to Michael Martin Murphey in Chandler, OK on 4/16. My friends Gary & Debbie Kinslow, and Carol Ervin went to listen…. It was a fantastic concert - I enjoyed "Murph's" stories, guitar picking, and his vast song list. He is so talented and was very warm and friendly to us. He even asked me to sing on a new cd he is planning to record! Yea!



After I stayed the night with my friends, Denna & Calvin Mays in Guthrie, OK, I drove on over to the farming community of Fairview. The heart and hospitality of the people of Fairview, Oklahoma and Fairview Savings and Loan was emormous. They hosted a barbeque and concert for the community on Friday night in celebration of their 100 Year Anniversary. Many people attended and were blessed. Thanks to Michael & Susie Barney who hosted me in their home & Russell (President of the bank) & Melissa Pembrook who invited me to come and perform the concert (and bought coffee the next morning). Will have pictures soon on the website!

I then drove down to Turkey, TX and got to stay in the Turkey Hotel (LOVED IT! Built in 1927). Now Turkey's not even close to my hometown of Atoka in size, but it has lots of character and class. I totally enjoyed celebrating the 38th Annual Bob Wills Days…met lots of nice people (many who are ancestors of Bob), and heard fabulous music….last day for the festivities is this Saturday…so you still have time to go! The show from The Church of Western Swing will be shown on Cowboy Church, RFD in July or August.

I will be singing a couple songs at the 12th Annual Cowboys for Kids Benefit for the Children's Advocacy Center, Friday, April 24, Norris Arena, Keene, TX. www.cowboysforkids-jc.org

Ooooh! and don't forget….Cannon Beach, OR May 1-3. I love Cannon Beach! If you've never been to the Cannon Beach Conference Center and attended one of their conferences….well, you haven't enjoyed a slice of heaven that's available to you!!!

May God continue to bless and keep you,
Susie McEntire Luchsinger